Monday 4 November 2013

Hello Blog World - Renfrew and NewLook 6228 skirt

I have been wanting to start this blog for a long time.  Today became the day when I decided I couldn't put it off any longer.  I was walking to a work meeting in the middle of the Sydney CBD and I passed a blogger that I follow.  This was the second time I have seen this blogger in Sydney, the other time a couple of months back in one of the big parks we have.  Who would think it in a city of over 4 million people?  I took it as a sign to finally get going.

I try to wear me made clothes to work each day - I only work 3 days a week which makes this a bit easier.  So as it turns out my first post is going to be what I was wearing today.



The top is a Renfrew in coral merino from The Fabric Store.  Its probably my 3rd or 4th.  This time I didn't put on the cuffs and waist band.  I just took it in as required at the bottom, but next time I will grade the pattern down before cutting.  I really like the colour of this top and the relaxed fix.  It could perhaps do with a bit of extra length, but I still like it.

The skirt is made in black ponte from the remnant warehouse.  It is NewLook 6228, a recently released pattern in the Autumn 2013 collection.  I cut a size 12, even though my waist and hips are closer to a 16.  But based on finished measurements and other similar skirts I own I thought a 12 would be better, and I am very happy with the finished size.  I will definitely be making more of these, as they are very comfortable for work.  I did some top stitching along the panel seams, which I think adds a bit to an otherwise straightforward skirt.

top stitching on panel seams


Just a word about the photos on this blog, getting time to take photos has been the biggest problem about starting this blog.  Instead of putting it off longer I am just going to do the best I can with photo taking and hopefully one day I will get a chance to take additional, more detailed and better quality photos.

Hello blog world! Lee I hope you will be my first follower!






2 comments :

  1. Hooray! Another blog to read! Sewers unite!
    Love the colour of the Renfrew, such a great pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow glad you found my blog and stopped by for a read. I love the colour of the renfrew too. Thanks heaps for being the first to comment :)

      Delete