yes i'm standing on a sloping driveway in these pics which is why everything looks a bit lopsided.
i then i went to overlock the back centre seam ready for the zip and my overlocker didn't like the fabric one bit. i spent a good few hours playing with the tension and thinking my new second hand overlocker was a dud. i turned to IG for help and thankfully leith, lara and susan came to the rescue and i pushed ahead and then went back to the sewing machine to do the zip and side seams. my machine didn't like the fabric one bit either, it laboured, making irregular stitches and sounds that are more likely heard at a zoo.
i got the invisible zip in and side seams sewn and tried the skirt on - though unfortunately i couldn't get it on, even though i cut the exact same size as my previous wool version. i took the invisible zip out, replaced it with a longer lap zip and took out the side seams until i was able to get the skirt on and sit down.
i originally planned to line the skirt, but as it had taken up so much of my time i decided to go with a bias binding waist band. the fabric is slippery enough that i think it should be OK.
you can see in the pic below how little my sewing machine liked sewing this fabric - i sewed the waist 3 times. each time it started out ok, but by about 3/4 the way round sewing machine said no. after 3 go's i decided to leave it how it is as it looks ok from the front.
the amazingly talented and fun leith of sew brunswick recently nominated me for the blog hop going round the www, i'll be back soon to answer the questions and also have a give away to celebrate 100 followers on blog login'!