these are simplicity 1918 from the amazing fit range. i purchased the pattern during one of lincraft's 50% off all patterns sale (coincidentally 50% off all patterns is currently on now too) after seeing them on miss p... i thought they looked like a good place to start for fly front pants and am happy enough how they turned out, particularly as i didn't make a muslin.
the main thing about the fit is some fabric pooling at the front and back in the upper thigh/lower crotch area. given the fabric is pretty busy though its ok for this pair.
the fabric came from fabric.com which i purchased after seeing it on another blog last year in the navy colour way. i was pretty sure it was on four square walls, but i just googled for it and couldn't locate it. its a soft stretch cotton sateen which has a nice light weight for summer.
before making the pants i thought i would take them in and make them a slim fit. but after trying them on during construction i decided to leave them as cut. the looser fit is good for summer.
here's a 'tucked in tee' pic to show the waist fit, which i'm pretty happy with. the fly is just passable thanks again to the busy fabric. i have since bought some craftsy pants fitting and construction classes and am looking forward to trying sandra betzina's method next time.
i finished the waistband with bias binding. this was new for me as i have always previously finished waist bands by turning under the seam allowance. i really like the finish of the bias bound waist band and am also looking forward to using this technique more.
i'm happy i made this pair of pants, particularly to try out a few techniques for the first time. however it is unlikely i will use the pattern again as i am keen to try other patterns, particularly a skinnier fit,