for this one i used the same modified pattern that i used for my lurex one, which is just a bit tapered at the waist so its not as boxy at the original pattern.
i cut a size 4 and taper the the sides, although my measurements fit with size 4 for bust and size 10 for waist. the fit i get is pretty snug, but i'm happy with it. the pattern suggests you need 1 2/3 yards for a size 4, which if my google converter is correct is about 1.5m. I bought 80cm of the liberty and comfortably cut the pattern with left overs for future facings - NOTE: see below for discussion on using contrasting bias binding.
the skirt is my last (for now) megan nieslen kelly in midi length. its made from some fabric i bought at clear it at a melbourne blogger meet up. i originally made it up into simplicity 2215, but found that the medium weight of the fabric was not great for the amount of pleats in the simplicity pattern, particularly around the hips. so i cut it apart and re-made it into this skirt. i am really happy with how it turned out and am glad i persisted. the only reason i persisted though was because i bought the fabric at a fun meet up and wanted to make sure i put it to good use!
for my scouts (or any garment that requires bias binding finish really) i use a contrasting fabric, usually left over lawn or rayon or something similar. i do this so i can keep my left over fabric of the garment i am making in a large usable size without a big bias cut in the middle of it. for this one i used some lemon coloured lawn.
for the neck bias binding i used the pattern piece, but instead of making double fold bias binding i made single fold. it worked out fine, however the bias binding finish is narrower than intended. i also finish the sleeves with bias binding on the scout as the curved hem on the cap sleeves makes it a bit fiddly to hem - i find the bias binding easier. all seams are finished with french seams.
i am sure this will get lots of wear for the rest of this summer and then SS2015 and sew on and sew on!